The Amazon Echo 2nd generation review is here, find out more about Amazon echo and the pros and cons. As we review the Amazon Echo 2nd generation and also give tips and tricks to also mention the Alexa app. Learn about Amazon echo and how to use Alexa Voice commands, also Alexa Amazon Compatible devices.
About Amazon Echo
The Amazon Echo, which is a home device to which a voice service called Alexa is always at hand. Alexa can help you with day to day requests from answering questions to setting Alarms and so much more. Voice controlled and is an Intelligent personal assistant developed and manufactured by Amazon. So if you got a question like anyone would normally search on Google but now you can ask this intelligent device and get the answers to all your questions.
Get your favorite song played within seconds instead of spending minutes on YouTube searching for it. You can ask with simple phrases making sure you always say “Alexa” first. Example; Ask “Alexa Play my playlist” and then Alexa will play the songs on your playlist if you have one setup. Amazon Echo can also do playlists with music playback, setting alarms, podcasts also provide you with the weather and traffic reports. All this is in real time information which you are provided with at an instant as soon as you ask. View it on Amazon.co.uk.
Basic Alexa Command List
Here is a list of the basic commands you can say to Alexa to get started with.
- You can Ask Alexa for help: “Alexa, help.”
- How about striking a conversation: “Alexa, let’s chat.”
- Mute or unmute: “Alexa, mute” or, “Alexa, unmute.”
- Stop or pause: “Alexa, stop” or, “Alexa, shut up.”
- You can also Change the volume: “Alexa, set the volume to 3,” “Alexa, louder” or “Alexa, turn up turn down the volume.”
Alexa Amazon compatible devices
Let us take a look at which smart devices that work with Alexa Amazon Echo. If you have the Amazon Echo speaker but not the Echo Plus you will need a smart home hub. This is needed to act as the go-between for devices and the Amazon Echo to work efficiently. We will discuss the smart home hub further on below firstly, here is a few devices which Alexa is compatible with.
- Philips Hue
- Logitech Harmony Home Hub
- Zero Touch Air Vent Car mount
- Neato Botvac Connected
- Nest learning thermostat 3rd generation
- Netatmo Weather Station
These are just some of the devices which is compatible with the Amazon Echo 2nd Generation Alexa.
Smart Home Hub
- Control home Devices with your smartphone
- Control connected lights, locks, thermostats and more from your smartphone or tablet
- Replace up to eight home entertainment remotes. Compatible with Apple iPad
- Compatible with over 270,000 devices from 6,000 brands
- Easy in minutes mobile setup
- Can use and compatible with the Amazon Echo 2nd Generation.
If your wanting something to help and assist you in daily activates from ordering Pizza to even asking the weather. Then this device will suit you, with the Echo you can ask many questions and get instant answers. Which saves time to refer to Google all the time which makes it more effortless to use.
You may even want to look at the other echo version the Amazon Echo Dot 2nd Generation here. Which is smaller and much more affordable for you can also use around your home.